KADK Open Studio
Open Studio at KADK Bornholm
KADK Bornholm opens up the hot glass studio to visiting glass artists in conjunction with EGC2016, on Friday September 9th.
Visiting artists and students can work in the studio for a blowing slot of aprox 1 – 2 hours.
We invite proposals for student demoes, performances, or if you just want to come and show us what you do best in your own professional glassblowing practice!
You will get:
- A blowing slot of 1 – 2 hours. Less is also possible, more time only if you have a really good project!
- Access to clear glass, all tools, pipes and blocks
- Access to general annealing kilns, possibilities for pick up and colour preheating
To be considered, you must:
- submit a proposal of max 50 words for your demo / performance
- be a glassblower! - with skills that enables you to work independently in a safe manner for yourself and the people around you
- tell us how many people are in your demo/performance – list of names
- bring your own colours
- tell us the level of your technical ability – how many years have you blown glass?
- understand that you must have your own insurance, KADK will not cover you
Venue: KADK Bornholm
Date: Friday September 9th 2016
Time: 9.00 – 17.00
Tickets: It's free, just come along!
10:00-12:00 Swedish Overlay,- Classic graal techniques of Orrefors
Graal-demo w. students and teachers from Orrefors Glassschool
13:00-15:00 ”Boda Bullets”
Peter Hermansson, Björn Friborg, Mikkel Karlshöj in collaboration with The Glass Factory, Boda Glasbruk.
15:00-17:00 Jack Wax
10:00-12:00 Third year students KADK Bornholm
13:00-15:00 Liu Chien-Kuang and William Bell
Co-creation w. Charles Stern 3D pieces and blown glass
15:00-17:00 Rafael Zarazua