EGC2016 - Open Call
EGC2016 – Open Call
Will be exhibited at Grønbechs Gaard and will be curated by open call, where individual curators, artist groups or artists can apply for participation. With this approach, we hope to include collaborative works, experimentalism, activism etc. The curator group will select works and projects for participation among the applicants.
Who can participate?
- All 28 members of the European Union as well as Iceland, Norway and Switzerland are invited to participate in the EGC2016 exhibitions.
- An applicant can only apply with max 2 entries pr artist / artist group.
- Artists must be of the nationality or be a resident in the country they represent.
- Artists that took part in the EGC2012, may not participate in the same exhibition category in EGC2016.
- Artwork can be made in any technique and form of artistic expression.
- Materials used in the artwork must be predominantly glass.
- Objects must be unique and not part of serial or industrial production.
- Artwork must be available throughout the full exhibition period.
- Artwork must be contemporary and made in 2012 or later, work produced before this time will not be accepted.
The curator group will also select participants among applicants for the open call exhibition at Grønbechs Gaard.
The group has 6 members representing various regions in Europe. The curators may come from different backgrounds within museums and education, but have all been invited because of their insight and expertise of contemporary glass in Europe. The curators play a vital role in the profile and organization of European Glass Context.
The EGC2016 Prizes and Jury
Two prizes of € 10.000 € and € 5000 will be given to two outstanding artists or artists groups, selected among the participants in the two exhibitions. A jury of three international members with expertise within the field of glass will go through the exhibitions before the opening and select the prize winners. The winners will be announced at the exhibition opening.
The Jury members are:
An exhibition catalogue will be produced presenting all artists with images of their work, critical notes and a short CV, as well as essays on contemporary glass.
Venue: Grønbechs Gaard
Dates: 10. Sep. - 13. Nov. 2016
Rafael Alejandro Zarazúa Rosales
Carmen Marcos Martínez
Montserrat Duran Muntadas